Wednesday, April 06, 2005

breakthrough

Well, I said goodbye to the Lexus today and got practical. I bought the 2002 Mazda Protege after all. I just couldn't justify the note, the insurance and the gas in the long run. With gas prices escalating, I finally just went for it. Now I'm happily driving my little red car with the cute little sun roof and a pretty decent cd player and stereo. It has power windows and door locks too. With my short arms, I especially appreciate the door locks. I had to go through the angst of letting go of the luxury though, and it was not easy. It was kind of depressing. I tossed and turned and spent a pretty sleepless night last night. On top of that, I was trying to write a politically correct press release for a breast cancer survivor with background materials that were totally not p.c. Added to that, I'm struggling to get the money together to pay for the trip for me and my son to my daughter's college graduation. Can you feel my tension level rising along with my blood pressure?

But, as often happens, while I was out making the deal, I got an e-mail from my main client asking me to come into their office for a few days. (Wheww, she said, wiping the sweat from her brow, maybe I'll be able to get those plane tickets for my daughter's graduation taken care of after all.) And this developer friend of mine offered me a ricidulously low rent on a small house in my neighborhood, beginning in June, perfect timing for me. And I actually got an idea for an approach for the press release I've been struggling with for two days.

When the energetic breakthrough happens, it happens all at once. So, there. That's all I've got today. I'm now too busy to say anything more.

Peace and prosperity to all. ---sandy

No comments: