Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Drumming Journey

I just finished the drumming journey at Temples Gate, and it was awesome. Small group, but powerful work was done. Since it was all women, we talked about romantic relationships and the fact that we don't have one in our lives right now. We discussed our past experiences and found those positive pieces that we can own and add to our list of future desires.

I lit a plethora of candles, and then we settled down on blankets and pillows (not me, I was drumming) for a journey into the unknown. I called in all the drummers, singers and dancers that ever were, our ancestors who love us, the angels and elementals, the four directions and their corresponding elements, and then I began to drum on my African rocket drum. It has been a while since I drummed at all. At first my drum was resistant, having not been played, but after I sent it love and warmed it up, it began to respond. I drummed continuously for half an hour while the journeyers went on their individual trips.

One of the journeyers claimed two new power animals in a vision from her past lives, a hawk and a mustang. Sounds like she's going to be having some fun. Hawk is a messenger and is related to the angelics, and the mustang is a symbol of passion and freedom. I told her she must be planning to go a little wild.

One journey passed through many cultures and time periods, but it was all very supported by community, and I felt the time dancers arrive and encircle us while they danced. She saw them in her vision as well.

Another woman had some hidden events from her past in this life come up for healing. After discussion and release of these issues I called in her new level of power, courage and wisdom, and we birthed it into the earth plane, and grounded it into her body to replace the old body memories that no longer serve her, and that have been healed through time and counseling. She earned her voice back after years of feeling shunned and unable to speak up for herself. Quite powerful.

Then we used the native American drums to call in an ancient chanter who comes to me when I drum. We claimed all the powers and the goodness that was offered to us by many beings from many dimensions and levels of consciousness.

It was good work, hard work and joyful outcomes. Magic is the only way to live - for me.

May you sleep well, enjoy your dreams and wake up happy, healthy and ready to face your life and claim your truth. --- sandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Sandy- sorry I missed you this weekend- I was on a powerful journey myself, with women friends, reconnecting with ones who went with me on some of my earliest journeys into healing through community. the old gang from as long ago as elementary school and girlscouts had a slumber party sat night. we pulled cards, tuned in, allowed healing, began the mud women's quarterly sweat lodge and determined that we woul d meet quarterly to coincide with the equinoxes and solstices, and continue on ths journey spanning over 35 years in this life time. we acknowledged the familiarity of having known each other " forever" through many lifetimes. We talked about balance, honoring and embracing our gifts, the emerging further and further out of hiding, showing our whole selves, even in the mainstream. we rattled, listened to guidance, acknowledged each other. Thanks for your presence, your words, wishes and for sharing your life, my friend.

WritingMuse said...

BlueMoonWoman, that sounds fabulous. Glad you shared your journey too.